Fumes in cabin

3 weeks ago I had a service and cambelt change done on my Focus 2.0 TDCi at a local independent I use. When I got the car back, it stunk of fumes inside. I couldn't decide if it was exhaust fumes or oil fumes. It took a week for the smell to go but I'm sure I can still get a whiff of fresh fumes every now and again.

Given the work that was done, where should I be looking? Breather pipe? Pollen filter? Exhaust leak? It could just be my imagination but I'm sure something is not quite right.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I drove to Grimsby once. I wish I'd had your car. It would have masked the smell, or killed me before I got there. Either way...

Reply to
AC

oil level overfill?

or did they spill oil on the engine which is burning off?

oil leak onto exhaust manifold?

Reply to
Rob

I'd go with oil on the exhaust. Or cut down the curries.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon