Garage Kit

Does anyone have fancy for a lockable trolley jack which can be locked to prevent it from dropping should it have a hydraulic leak? Are these on the market yet?

I'm also trying to find a set of portable car ramps that can be adjusted in height, where do I find them?

thanks

Reply to
techtalk

Put that at the top of the list of things I do *not* want. I want to be damn sure my ramps will stay firmly fixed in height, thank you!

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Yes, they're called axle stands.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "techtalk" contains these words:

Why not combine the two and have hydraulic ramps with good strong ratchets that can't be released until you've rolled the car off the ramps.

Reply to
Guy King

You're coming close to reinventimg the 2 post lift :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

I also had my tongue firmly in my cheek.

Reply to
Guy King

Well I reckon there's almost a use for those cheap ten tonne Bottle Jacks, parallel action the top of a ramp & you could lift it up much higher.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

I made a crane for the kids out of one of them. With an old motorbike damper to stop the jib slamming down on their heads. They spent a happy summer lifting each other up in a net on the far end.

Reply to
Guy King