Glue for trim

I had to remove some glued on trim from the front of my van to do some repairs to paintwork. Any suggestion what to use to stick it back. Something that will last, not dry out or deteriote with heat, ice rain etc. The old stuff VW used was black and slightly rubbery.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

if you know anyone that works for a shipping container repair place, then get them to supply some of their stuff that they glue containers back together with, it comes in a mastic type tube that is sealed with aluminium, various colours, the tubes are unmarked so I don't know the make, . it is the ultimate glue, and as containers have to suffer all sorts of elemental abuse it lasts.

Reply to
MrCheerful

I've found Evostick Serious glue pretty good on a variety of materials. It does take some time to get to maximum strength, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tigerseal or sikaflex

Reply to