super duper stuff

I just now got done with washing my 1983 Dodge full size van.It always takes me at least two hours to wash that van.Is there some kind of super duper stuff I can rub on my van so I wont have to wash it so often? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Wash and clean it well. You might have to even use some polish to clean the oxidation.. Then wax it with one of the new ice waxes.. These waxes are phenomenal.. Very easy to apply and easy to get off, do not whiten your rubber gaskets, etc.

You can use the old kerosene wash. Put a cup of kerosene in a gallon of water, and stir this up. You can add some mild detergent to help keep it in suspension and also clean the car. Sponge this mixture on the van and wipe where necessary to remove tar and bugs. Then wash it off with fresh water and let her dry. Almost as good as waxing, this does not hurt the paint, as far as I have ever seen.. This has been used by car lots etc for years to make their cars shine and look good.

Reply to
hls

I have seen commercials for a nonstick spray for wheels, to keep brake dust from sticking. I wonder what would happen if you used it on a whole car?

Harry

Reply to
"Harry Smith"