Golf 2.0L Engine Problem

Could some please help me out here. I have a Seat Toledo 2.0 16v ( VW engine ) which has failed an mot on its emissions. It has a cone air filter, which the mechanic said could be causing the problem ( unable to test the cat ).

I have the orginal air filter but have no idea how it goes back on as there are at least 3 little breather hoses as well as 2 larger hoses which connect to it. The cone filter just seems to go one larger hose. I found one ( of a possible 3 ) breather hoses plugged, but don't know where the others are.

If anyone have a golf manual with the setup for this I would appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance.

Jamber.

Reply to
Jamber