Golf TDi rough running

Hi, I have a 99 Golf TDi 110 which I'm happy with.. however, when I slow down, the engine starts 'yo-yoing' ie the revs are pulsing, even with the clutch in. Once the car has stopped, it ticks-over ok. Any ideas please? TIA Daz

Reply to
Dazza

Possible air leak somewhere?

Reply to
petrolcan

Try the wise guys at

They know more about a TDI than most VW garages.

Reply to
Ernest

There is a TSB for this if I remmeber correctly- check under all the pedals for anything that would prevent them returning completely to the up position- I think it was a problem with the brake or clutch switch signalling to the ECU to operate the overrun cut off when it shouldnt be.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

thanks all - will check for this Daz