Google conversions strikes again!!

Good old google.

"320 miles per 42 litres in miles per gallon" = 28.8412328 miles per gallon

"320 miles per 42 litres in litres per 100 km" = 8.1554969 litres per (100 km)

Let the computers do the leg work ;-)

Reply to
PC Paul

Inspired by dervman.com:

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The message from "AstraVanMan" contains these words:

Rather more sheddy would be...

Guy King

Hehehe!

Beer drinkers: "5 uk pints per day in uk gallons per year" One for the ladies: "6 inches per day in yards per year"

Good stuff!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

It's nice to have it in acres too :o)

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

^^^^^^^

You're obviously not married ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Eh? How is that a valid conversion???

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I am, but it wouldn't work out "6 inches once in a blue moon when she feels like it and you've had a couple of pints in yards per half century".

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

The message from "AstraVanMan" contains these words:

They must know something we don't about acres.

Reply to
Guy King

Maybe a field was flooded or something.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Think of a car that doesn't carry any fuel on board, but scoops it up from a trough laid along the road instead. If you took the fuel consumption of the car as an area, it would give you the smallest cross-sectional area of trough that you could get away with.

I'm sad enough to think that's really clever you know ;o)

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Shame it's in US gallons, suprising considering it's google.co.uk.

Reply to
DR.CLAYTON

It defaults to US gallons, can still get imperial gallons. I thought

28MPG looked a bit poor!

320 miles per 42 litres in miles per imperial gallon (320 miles) per (42 litres) = 34.6368905 miles per Imperial gallon

Reply to
DR.CLAYTON

The message from snipped-for-privacy@TALK21.COM contains these words:

You only have to put "uk gallons".

Reply to
Guy King

Oops. Thanks for that.

Reply to
PC Paul

the speed of light =3D 1.8026175 =D7 1012 furlongs per fortnight

Reply to
Joe Bloggs