granada cosworth 24v battery removal

Can anyone help ? I've got a bit of a strange one, my battery has run flat after a week of non use, but the strange thing is that i can't get the battery out of the engine bay as i need to remove some trim / plastic that covers the wind screen wipers assembly. I have looked every place and can't see any clips or screws. Any one got any ideas ?

Reply to
Rupert

You have to remove the plastic trim around where the wipers are. There are black plastic caps over the screws. Unclip them with a flat edged screw driver and it will reveal the screws you have got to remove.

Reply to
Sidmon

open the bonnet look at the windscreen end of the engine bay over to the passengers side there is a triangular bit of plastic with a small wing nut or a 10mm nut on the end of it unscrew this then unclip the fiddly bit of covering that goes over the battery, removal of the rubber water strip may be required here when you refit the plastic cover make sure you do so exactly as it was when you removed it, it's there as a redesign of the rain channel system to stop the secondary fuse box from going bang when it rains

Reply to
dojj