grounding - electrical??

The message from Conor contains these words:

It's a cracking good spark, the fuel is less than I would expect, but then I'm used to cars with "proper" chokes instead of FI. I'll have to take the covers off again (and the effing engine mounts) to see if the timing belt's on right. I'm sure it is - but I'd better check again.

Reply to
Guy King

I've once spent a long time realigning the cam belt repeatedly before finding out that the distributor drive wheel had been lined up 2 teeth out when the car was built & this then adjusted out by rotating the distributor. If you've got compression try the timing light.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

There aren't any timing marks.

Reply to
Guy King

Aren't there some holes you line up with dowels, I haven't toushed a petrol Renault for a bit.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from "Duncan Wood" contains these words:

Sorry, I meant there weren't any timing marks for ignition. The cam timing is done with stripes on the belt and dimples in the pulleys.

Reply to
Guy King