H Reg cavalier for spares

Anyone want a H reg 1.6 cavalier in dark metallic blue for parts?

It has lots of rusty sills and arches, and will cost me £450 to get through the MOT. I was going to MOT it and sell it, but I won't get £450 for it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

I'll let you trawl the archives, but I seem to remember that someone was looking for a Cavalier engine (preferably 2.0) a few weeks ago. They might compromise on the 2.0.

Reply to
dp

Slight typo, it's a 1.8. And the garage didn't mention anything about emmissions on the MOT, so the engine is good. I will have a bit of a google, although "engine" would probably be the most typed word in the group...

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

Though "Cavalier" might be slightly less common.

Methinks a good bet would be

eBay would barely be worth it as at the most it'll probably go for £50-60, and it costs around £25 to list it (including final value fee), so probably more likely to just try and get £30 for it in the local paper.

Of course you could list it on ebay, and mention all the good points (good runner, reliable etc etc.) and just not mention that it's failed an MOT, just mention the lack of it :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Thanks for the plug - but I pulled the plug on the SOR website a few days ago as the yearly hosting was due to be renewed soon and seen no point in renewing it .

The website had plenty of readers - but very few people posted cars for sale on it and IMO it was all pretty pointless as most people cant see past ebay or auto trader .

Honest John (to their credit) was just about the only other website that linked to it .

Reply to
SOR

Its not really the money - i'm afraid little willy has went to sleep .

Perhaps I should have added .....

- pop up windows

- animated banner adverts

- the need to register first before posting a advert

- started to charge people

- dumbed the website down

- added a few 404 pages

- used cheapo ten bob hosting

- etc etc

I'm sure the website would have been a success if I did the above :-)

But seriously , I do know what your saying in the comments I snipped and dont disagree with them - but bringing it back online isnt a option .

Reply to
SOR

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember SOR saying something like:

Oh bugger. I was quite taken by it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Didn't do a very good job :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "AstraVanMan" saying something like:

Heh. Scrubbed wrong one.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon