Halfords tyre compressor broken

I got a halfords tyre compressor a few xmases ago, its had maybe 10/15 uses not heavy, I usually just use the airline at the petrol station.

Yesterday I came to do my tyres pressure, and the sodding bit you connect onto the airline part snapped, thus not eneabling me to connect it to the tyre valve.

Anyone experience anything like this ? or know if you can buy that parts and fix it. Halfords said they don't see it in bits, lovely. And kindly offered to sell me another one.

Reply to
Joseph Craine

I'm not sure what part you mean has broken ...do you mean the part at the end of the tube that you connect to the tyre valve ? If so then I'm sure I have seen these for sale ...I think mine is crimped on but I'm sure a hoseclip would do just as well.

A picture might help if you can sort that .Not everyone will have that compressor so might not have one that is built the same...on mine the only part you connect is the part at the end of the tube on to the tyre valve .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Thats the part I mean, no idea what it is called though. Looks crimped and easily changed.

Reply to
Joseph Craine

...and available from Halfords - I bought one last year:-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Hmmm they said they don;t sell parts, but not the first time I have been given crap help from them. By anychance do you remeber the name of the part ?

Reply to
Joseph Craine

Here it is:

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

When I needed one of those I bought a cheap (pound shop) inflator for bike tyres. Cut the pipe removed the furrel and wound some steel wire around to replace the furrel.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That's where I saw them ...it was beside the tyre pump adaptors for blowing up footballs and stuff

Reply to
Usenet Nutter