Help

I have a Vauxhall Vectra 2.5l V6 Automatic - where to i check the auto geabox level?

Reply to
johnsime

The message from snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk contains these words:

You quite possibly don't. Many recent auto boxes have no provision for the user to check the level.

Reply to
Guy King

If you have the provision to do so, I would check it at the gearbox. HTH.

Reply to
gazzafield

The message from gazzafield contains these words:

Well, yes, obviously if you can then you should. It's just that many recent boxes don't have a method for doing so.

Reply to
Guy King

In news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk, Guy King wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Kidding, right?

they don't put auto trans dipsticks in anymore???

Fuxake.

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

Not mine or the wife's.

Reply to
Guy King

In fact, Haynes BOL suggests you can only drain by removing the sump (and intermediate sump) and refill by pouring fluid into the level plug until it starts spilling out (on the Omega, anyway - same engines?)

Reply to
Mike Dodd