Help! Electric Window Stuck

Say what you like about Italian cars, but I've never had this happen to me before.......

Bloody driver's electric window is playing up on the Primera. It works sometimes, but more often than not doesn't. This I knew when I bought it.

However, problem now is that it's stopped working with the window about

1cm from the top of the door. Ooops.

I've taken the interior panel off, and managed to persuade it to close more than it was before (was stuck half way down) - but can't get it up this last cm. Argh!

Any clues as to how I might just persuade it to close? - I know I'll eventually need to replace the motor and regulator, but just want it closed for now.

Cheers,

Reply to
SteveH

In news:1g9cxs4.7yypptbcxcjuN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Hate to be the one to tell you this, Steve, but the original early Primeras were well known for this...

My solution? unclip the glass from the (bottom) runner, use carefully trimmed bit of wood, jam window shut.

Reply to
Pete M

Fsking British-build Jap-crap.

Moving house next week, so can't be arsed trawling the scrappies until after we've moved.

This could be tricky, with it being tucked up behind the metal bits of the door...... I'll have another look.

Reply to
SteveH

I never got my Accord window to close. I used duck tape (and then WD40 to remove the adhesive after the tape came off again).

Bizarrely, it was cheaper to order a Honda regulator assembly from the US than it was to get one from a scrappy over here!

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

This is what I plan to do if it doesn't close fully in the morning - it's within a few millimitres now, but wind noise is likely to be a problem.

Crazy.

I'm hoping it won't be so bad for a Primera becuase they were built in the UK, and quite common as a company car.

Reply to
SteveH

Steve, I've had the same problem before and have posted about it a couple of times. In my case, the rubber guides down inside the door were clogged with wax and s**t. Removing door glass and rubbers, then cleaning out with petrol, restored it to good as new. That was 4 years ago. My dad has it now and the windows still work perfectly.

For the time being, this is how to get it closed: Stand at end of open door. Wind down to a point where it'll wind back up a bit. Press "one touch" to wind up. Quickly grab the glass with a hand on each side and push it up as it goes. It should make it to the top. Got me out of bother one day after I wound it down to grab my NCP ticket :-)

Stuart Sharp

Reply to
Stu

I'll possibly clean it all up - but would prefer the security of having new (used) bits to fit should it not work.

Done this, and been left with a gap of a few mm at the top. Which is now sealed with electricians tape to cut the wind noise on the motorway.

Was a bit of a PITA at Severn Bridge Toll, though.

Reply to
SteveH