Help!!! Have i put this back correctly ( photo)

Have i put the springy thing back on correctly its been on a day or so and everyling is working fine, but my brain wont allow it to "sit" as too my untrained eye, it looks as if the spring clip is pushing the caliper off the pad...

TIA,

ps before anyone says if you dont know that you shouldnt be doing the job i done this many times before and just put the clip back as it was...... but i dunno i just looked at it and thought today!

Reply to
Tom Burton

No, the top and bottom tips of the retaining spring should be on the righthand side of the lugs, i.e. pushing on the flat surfaces, and therefore as you suggest, pulling the calipher towards the centre of the disc.

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Cheers!!

Reply to
Tom Burton

Looks right from here.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Now you have me worried as someone with far more experience with me ! Are you sure you're right though ? It looks as if we need a third opinion !!! :-)

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

In message , Andy Pandy writes

No you are spot on Andy. The retainer is fitted incorrectly.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

You're right, I was wrong,

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Or better still, a few digital photos before dismantling. BTW, I think it's wrong too.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

call it complacancy, ive done the job many tiems before so i did both sides and as i whacked the second side on, i thought that dont look right.....

The more i thought the more it looked wrong, but when i looked at the wear on the clips i seemed to suggest i had it correct initaily

anyway sorted,

THANKS GUYS

Reply to
Tom Burton

The wear on the clips suggests you put them back on the way that they came off... who did the job the last time?.

-- James

Reply to
James

an erm ex mate!!!