How to fit a Transit cab window

The near-side cab window of my F-reg motorhome has just collapsed into the door because the channel that it sits in has corroded away. (Superb bit of design by Fords!) After searching several vehicles in the car dump I managed to find one that was less rusty than the rest but I can see that fitting it may present some problems.

Can anyone advise on how to get the little rubber (or plastic) wheel that runs in the groove back into the groove. I had some trouble getting it out of the original vehicle and I don't share the seller's optimism that it will 'just click into place'.

Any further advice on how far one should disassemble the window gear and channels to refit the replacement window would be very welcome.

Many thanks

Eric

Reply to
Cire

Yes, that design is poor, but they usually only design for about 11 years life !!

Usually, you have to unbolt one channel, the window can then tip and the roller thing can be slid into one end (fully wind it down first, then bring it up to a suitable position)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful