Hyundai Accents - any good????

Husband wants a newish car. we've been looking at a couple of Hyundai Accents 1.3i, 2000 plus ones - new shape. Any thoughts on their reliability, value etc. need to cart around 3-4 teenagers at times so leg room in the back is important as well as getting in/out. Seen a 3 door one and a 5 door one.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Reply to
Bonny

VFM is the key to those. They are very reliable, if a little fragile, but for the money they are hard to beat. If you get one registered after September 1st 2003 you also get a 5 year warranty. That alone makes them a fully worthwhile purchase, as you'll have no repair bills for the remainder of the 5 years.

Get the 1.5 though, the 1.3 is a tad under powered.

(PS I've worked with Hyundai, on and off, since 1992).

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

One of the dullest cars ever made, IMHO.

I took the wife to look at an MVi model (previous shape) a couple of years ago, as I thought it would be an ideal runaround for her, but even she turned it down on the grounds that it was 'boring'.

Reply to
SteveH

Don't get a 1.3....we're men...we like horsepower! ;o)

Reply to
Ben