i think i may have sorted it.......for the moment anyway.

I had another look at the air hoses lastnight, and guess what the hose which runs from the exhaust manifold to the Airbox had a lose jubilee clip (airbox side). The pipe was still attached to the airbox, but there was not a 100% airtight seal. Would this be the cause, or do you think that i still need to take it to a garage. I still can't believe that i missed this and i now fell like such an idiot, but with that said the first garage i went to who diagnosed the car as having a faulty potentiometer missed this aswell. There is a significant improvement and the car is idling at 800rpm (as per normal), with even revs in all gears with no irregular flat spots (well for a golf anyway)

For the moment i am a happy person, and £300+ better off.

Have a good afternoon guys.

Antony

Reply to
Dr_Gonzo2000