Indicator warning beeper

My wife has a Suzuki Carry van, which has a towbar fitted.

In the past couple of days, a bleeper is sounding when she indicates one way but not the other. Presumably this is the audio alert which is required when towing. But it's not obvious to me what fault I should be looking for which would give these symptoms.

I don't currently have a trailer which it would tow (I suppose I could hitch it up to the horsebox as an experiment).

Reply to
Newshound

It can show that one side has either the wrong bulbs in or there is a bad connection, but the bleeper boxes can be very badly made, one I saw had adjustment, you moved a wire along the outside of another wire to alter its 'pickup' of the current. so if they all seem to work ok just ignore it or disconnect it.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks, very helpful

Reply to
Newshound

Bear in mind that trailer electrics are now tested on the MOT; any non- function is a fail.

My friendly testing station is failing around half of all cars submitted with a towbar!

Might be best to remove the towbar and electrics?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Only 13 pin sockets are tested electronically 7 pin are tested for security etc

Reply to
Redstar

Um, a bit obvious perhaps but have you checked that all the bulbs (van and trailer) are okay?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Yes as to the van bulb, and we don't tow with it at the moment. Located the bleeper this morning, found that by wiggling wires it went silent. Opened it up, no obvious dry joints, put it back together and it is (currently) quiet. Will hook it up to trailer lights some time.

Reply to
Newshound