Kangoo Diesel Van - won't start hot

Don't know anything more than the bare outline here, pub mate tale:

Kangoo Diesel cylinder head gasket failure - replaced.. runs happily. Starts cold, won't restart whilst warm..

Any ideas?

Reply to
Jacobian

cracked head or tight valve clearances

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have a Kangoo Van with 1500 Diesel ,,just over 100,000,, very pleased at how reliable it is.. Except for one prob when i first got it,, it kept locking me out with the key in the ignition.. Only way in was to prise door open at top and snag the key out with a long welding rod.. Ended up with a bent door that does not close nice like before..

And so i reluctantly took the plunge for another key,, they are not cheep! They had to re-register the computer to the new key fob,, and when all was done it would not start.. The mechanics were at it for ages but not with spanners,,they use a laptop to adjust so many setting you cannot imagine..

Anyway it is back as before,, a very reliable starter..Well worth having someone who knows what they are doing hook the laptop up on your mates van.. I cant see why it shoud be reluctant to start after a new gasket if the job is done properly.. Is there any chance he may have the timing belt out by a notch.

Reply to
Rupert Bear

What do you expect? It's a Renault!

Derek C