Laguna 1.8 specs

Renault Laguna 1.8 SOHC. Does anyone know the factory quoted power output of these engines? What is the redline officially? My rev counter goes up to 7000 but methinks it might go terminal around that.

It starts to pull at 4000 and then "comes on cam" at 5000 and revs to

6000 quite freely. I don't want to over rev it as I've already had to do a head gasket due to a faulty thermostat and don't want to do that or similar again!
Reply to
gazzafield

Autodata list two different engine model variant, one is max at 5750, the other 5250, so anything above that is a waste of effort. Bear in mind that the rev counter may be inaccurate just to confuse things.

the F3P 720/724 is 95din at 5750 (94 - 98) F3P B670/S724 is 90 at 5250 (96 - 98)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for that. How do I tell the engine type? From the engine number?

Reply to
gazzafield

I expect so, there is usually an ally plate nailed to the block somewhere with all the numbers on it.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In message , mrcheerful . writes

I had the 2 litre 8 valve engine in two Lagunas on the run. 115bhp in both cases. I vaguely recall the 1.8 being around the 100 mark, though from the figures above, it appears to be lower.

I'm pretty sure the redline was bang on 6000rpm on the first one, while the second one (bizarrely) didn't have it marked on the rev counter, despite the handbook still telling you "not to take the engine into the red zone." The engine definitely has a rev limiter, so there should be no harm in flooring it in third and seeing just how high it will go.

With the 2 litre, you were definitely wasting your time going much over

5300rpm before changing up. Typically for an 8v engine, it was nice and torquey, but let itself down by tailing off at relatively low revs, and so requiring earlier upward gear changes than you'd get away with in a 16 valver.

The power and torque curves would tell all, but I don't think Renault ever published them for these engines. They weren't in the brochures, and I looked pretty hard for them on the Interweb at one point and drew a blank. I think this was largely down to the fact that most of their competitors had already gone 16v, and Renault's 8v engines were starting to look a bit tired by comparison.

Reply to
David Thornber