Laguna Auto Woes...

I have a 1995 Laguna 2.0 Auto, as par for the course with these, the gearbox has developed what seems to be a terminal problem - the car will go into reverse, but won't move in any of the forward selections.

Given how frequently this problem seems to affect Laguna autos of this era, can anyone advise as to whether it's a realistic option to convert the car to a manual box, or is it a case of locating another auto box and hope it lasts?

TIA

-- JackH

Reply to
Jack Hackett

Don't leave out the Meganes and Scenics !

They all are quite quite dire when it comes to reliability I'm afriad :(

Where abouts are you? If anywhere near Surrey- and King Automatics- speak to them- or on the phone at the least- they are *very* good.- See Honest John's website for further info.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

...and the Clios.

Aye.

Never mind - at least you get to sit in comfort as you wait for the recovery truck to turn up.

Not too far from Surrey - will follow that up, many thanks.

-- JackH

Reply to
Jack Hackett