Leather steering wheel

The leather's getting a bit smooth and shiney on my steering wheel, making it a bit slippy.
Anyone got any tips for pepping it up a bit?

If you don't mind how it will look afterwards, you could always take sand paper to it.
Ta, G.

Saddle soap.
--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.

First, give it a good clean. Use ordinary toilet soap - the sort you use on your face - with a barely wet cloth, and rinse the cloth frequently. In other words, don't soak it in water.
If you've not cleaned it before, it will be filthy.
--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

You ain't kidding. In an idle moment I started wiping a leather steering wheel with a a baby-wipe. By the time I got bored I'd used about ten and the dirt was still coming.
--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.
contains these words:

You manky git!
these words:

It was the wife's car. My wife /is/ that dirty!
--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.

Phone number?
--
*If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

contains

steering
and
I shall rephrase that to "you lucky git!"
On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 21:52 +0000, Me wrote:

Talking about leather steering wheels, are covers from car accessory shops any good? I saw a plain black one for £10 in Halfords. Any good? Or are there better brands to go for.

I had the Halfords one & it was fine.

Driving gloves dear boy, driving gloves.
ttfn!
--
James Dore,
IT Officer,