Low power Laguna

Hi,

Got a S reg Laguna 1.6RT which has a engine power problem: Offload seems to run ok, but fully loaded + 4 up yesterday it was reduced to 2nd gear and 30mph up a big hill. Done a bit of research and this seems to indicate coil pack? but for one other symptom - the temperature guage either reads normally or 'not at all' - has done this ever since I had the car, didn't think it mattered

- I changed temp sender but made no difference.

Today during a brief 'normal' interlude with the temp guage, power seemed to be better, but hard to tell as not loaded.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Paul

blocked cat

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Adrian C

Just make sure it's not watching as you medicate the petrol tank.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

If it's coil pack it usually runs OK for about a minute from cold, even under load.

Reply to
Steve

I've done some more trials this afty, under heavy acceleration it will only accelerate to about 3-4 revs and then struggles.

Reply to
Blah

Blocked fuel filter, weak pump, or blocked exhaust / cat.

Will it run up to the red line under light throttle in the lower gears but bog when wide throttle is used ??

Reply to
Tim..