LPG 'tuning the engine'

Do all the tricks in getting more BHP from a petrol engine i.e. porting, raising the compression ratio etc etc apply to an engine running on LPG? Can you buy another 'chip' more suited to LPG? Any info greatly received, any web sites that can help? Does doing this type of work negate the benefits of LPG!......... So lots of questions, please let me know.

ttfn.....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

I'm not expert on LPG, but as far as the engine is concerned its just burning a fuel, albeit one with a higher 'octane' than petrol, so you need to get as much combustable mixture into the cylinders as possible- so you need as small a restriction to the mixture as possible. With LPG, the biggest restriction is the mixer (if its this type) so you must use SGI properly set up and using an o2 sensor to keep the mixture ideal.

LPG will stand a higher CR and more igntion advance than petrol, so I would spend the money on getting the CR up to around 12:1 and a decent ECU which will handle the SGI and run the igntion in 3D , and then 2-3 hours on a rolling road to get it all spot on.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Try... uk.rec.cars.fuel.lpg HTH tox

Reply to
The Bean Machine