Mazda 626

I've recently bought this car and found the following. Speakers not working on right (front and rear). No sound at all from this side. Tried left hand channel on these speakers but not a peep. Is there a common connector for this side other than behind the stereo? The next one is the acceleratore sticks when I first start the car. Give it a bang and after the first time it works fine? Still can't get fob to work, tried new battery but must need re-programming. Any one know haw to do this? Cheers

Reply to
Neil H

Don't Know

I am guessing that you mean the last 626 model.

Mine did this. Remove air duct from throttle body and clean off the gunk from the bore where the throttle flap rests. As you say, it only does it from cold.

The switches in the fob fail, usually the unlock one first. You can (very carefully) clean the contacts. I use a cotton bud and isopropyl alcohol. I think that it is the plasticiser from the rubber mat which eventually leaks out and leaves a film on the circuit board and on the carbon contacts of the mat.

Not certain about reprogramming but I think it is a matter of disconnecting the (car) battery for a while and on reconnection it recognises the first fob(s) it sees. I think that you cannot reprogram the fob. This does reset the ecu though so the car will run badly for a few hundred miles while it re-trains.

Bill

Reply to
bill