merc a good buy?&Buying on cars on ebay

There are lots of car-related questions in uk.rec.motorcycles - that might be a good starting point...

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Maybe at that price range yes, but for cars priced in the 100s it's usually worth a gamble on Ebay, as long as you are mechanically competent and can read between the lines of the description. I forget how many cars I've bought on Ebay now but it must be in double figures. I started on classic resto projects; difficult to be disappointed with them because you know your in for a load of work! But my last three modern cars have come that way too, the pick of them being the Saab

9000s I had. Paid £650 and it came with 12 months test, 6 months tax and four new tyres, and full service history - yes on a G-teg car. Possibly the best car I've ever owned, and only sold in the end due to a change of job which increased my daily run from 2 miles to 25 miles each way, for which the Saab was too thirsty.

All these cars have been bought on the strength of the Ebay description and photos only and I've not been disappointed yet.

Reply to
Chris Bolus