Mercedes Benz C180 L reg

The Left and Right indicators are not working on my car and the speed panel light isn't working either and also the hazard warning light isn't working either. I checked the fuses and they are all ok. It seems to be an intermittent problem here, what could be wrong?

Reply to
SPal508596

Have you been through any large puddles recently?

Check for dampness/rust/corrosion anywhere that the wires fit on a connection. A light sanding and a drop of oil on any suspect connectors might put things right. If not the indicator relay might need replacing. Have a poke around with a circuit tester before buying any parts to make sure you know where the circuit stops.

DP

I'd say you've got three totally unrelated faults. The warning light and panel bulb have probably just blown.

Do the hazard lights work ok apart from the warning light? The normal indicators are routed through the hazard switch (or relay) and failure of this can effect both or either. Hazard lights can go for years with never being used, and the first time you then try them the contacts are dirty. Sometimes just cleaning the switch (or relay) can sort things. Maplin sell a switch contact cleaner aerosol.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Did you specify these options?

:)