mgb fuel pumpI

I've just had to replace a fuel pump on the wife's MGB GT as it failed Whilst my daughter was using it away from home. The cheap pump I found at short notice is a solid state replacement for the old electro mechanical one. It seems to deliver fuel OK but it is constantly ticking, unlike the old type which just ticked until the float bowl was full. Is this likely to be a fault?

I'm loathe to go home without some idea of whether it is normal, faulty or just a poor design. I can fit a good one when she comes home at the weekend.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

that is normal operation on those new fangled pumps

Reply to
MrCheerful