Fuel Cards

hey check this out guys. I joined this organisation which give you petrol discount cards.

they buy in bulk for a discount and charge you =A325 a year for 5 pence off every litre.Been using them for two months now so far so good. manni

Reply to
manni

they buy in bulk for a discount and charge you £25 a year for 5 pence off every litre.

My local Tesco give me that for nothing at the moment.

Reply to
Brian

Riiiiiight.

So, you've got a website knocked up last month, offering something I know you can't deliver, for a £25 'membership fee'.

You have named a parent company, which, when referenced on company house, is registered to a different address to that you say is your office address on the website, has been around since 2005, but hasn't filed accounts with Companies House, and is 7 months overdue to file accounts whilst being 3 months overdue for your tax return.

A cynic would say this is a scam to raise money to pay the overdue tax and fine.

Reply to
SteveH

w=2Eitaliancar.co.uk- Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark

lol. A CYNIC WOULD. but i've been using it so...

Reply to
manni

You've been using them for two months now, have you?

Well, let's just see what a whois lookup on c-uk.org produces, shall we?

Domain ID:D148109131-LROR Domain Name:C-UK.ORG Created On:14-Jun-2007 07:05:02 UTC Last Updated On:29-Jun-2007 12:44:17 UTC Expiration Date:14-Jun-2008 07:05:02 UTC

That's odd. They've only been going for two weeks, and yet you have been using them for two months. There's another odd coincidence, you know. Further down the whois report I find

Registrant Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk .=2E. Admin Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk .=2E. Tech Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

which is strange, because snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk is your address, "Manni".

Lets go on to your website (sorry, c-uk's website) contact details, shall we? The address given is ""9 Harley Street". A quick google shows that that is also the address of ...

Legal Services Ltd First Class Transporters PSD Training Ltd Linxcel Europe Ltd Abn Design Ltd Harley Street Cosmetic Ltd Delta 32 (web site design) C & T Group CoPSO Ltd Euroclinics Formations House (company registration agents!) I O Domain Infini Logic Intrintech Iwantacv.com KD Web London Centre Marshall Court Recruitment Regal Exchange and Associates S2G Summit for Property Investment VTS Support UK Data Company GVA Norway Ltd GVC Group Ltd GVC Ltd GVC Network Ltd GVC Product and Service Ltd

It must get awful crowded there when you're all in.

Next, let's pay a visit to Companies House and check the company registration number you give: 5391135. I'm too cheap to pay for a full search, but here's what we get for free

Name & Registered Office: UHL OSAZE LIMITED

47 DENHAM CRESCENT MITCHAM CR4 4LZ Company No. 05391135

Country of Origin: United Kingdom Company Type: Private Limited Company Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

5112 - Agents in sale of fuels, ores, etc. Accounting Reference Date: 31/03 Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED) Next Accounts Due: 14/01/2007 OVERDUE Last Return Made Up To: 17/03/2006 Next Return Due: 14/04/2007 OVERDUE

No accounts ever filed /and/ overdue. Well, that's not terribly reassuring, is it?

So in summary:

You claim to have been using for two months an organisation whose website has existed for two weeks. Your email address is also the contact address for the domain but you don't mention any connection in your posting. The company's purported head office is the listed address for at least twenty eight other companies. The website invites us to give "Consortium UK" access to our bank accounts through Direct Debits, but the company has broken the law by failing to file accounts as required.

If you think I would give you any of my money, sunshine, you can take a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

*applause*
Reply to
Ophelia

Indeed but under umtm rules he must also be accused of 'trudging all over the internet', 'poring over websites' and of being a 'creepy stalking c*ut' :-)

Reply to
Mike Plowman

True, but I would dearly love to know how he did it:))

Reply to
Ophelia

I've heard of a similar scheme before.

Reply to
retro_p03

The message from "Ophelia" contains these words:

I'll join in when I can get off the floor for laughing.

Reply to
Guy King

We know you have, 'cos you're the original spamming fecktard.

Reply to
SteveH

Goodness! I'm guessing the OP's scheme will now fold faster than a....

Damn! It'll come to me in a minute.

Reply to
LJM

OK, I shall give away my secrets ...

For domain information I stuck c-uk.org into

For his email address I asked google groups, nicely (those of you with proper newsreaders wouldn't have needed this bit)

For the other companies at the same address I simply put "29 Harley Street" into google.co.uk, which threw up quite a few, plus the very useful

for therest.

For company information I put the registered number of the company from the c-uk.org website into

Ian

Reply to
Ian

hey its manni again. i'm using an old email account because i have used up my 10 posts with replies to my original message

yes i am affiliated with them. but its not a scam. we give people cards designed for logistic companies.

i was helping to test the idea

Reply to
Pete Kendall

into

into

yeah eh its not a scam. chosen one

Reply to
Pete Kendall

If they read this then I see a P45 in your future.

Reply to
steeler

into

into

if it was a scam we wouldn't include the company registration number nor would we invite you to look us up

Reply to
Pete Kendall

Two simple questions:

1) If it's not a scam, why did the recommendation from someone who "joined" come from the email address from which the domain was registered.

2) How come both you and "Manni" posted in this thread from the same computer?

22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail From: manni Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance Subject: Fuel Cards Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:49:42 -0700 Organization:
9 Message-ID: NNTP-Posting-Host: 90.193.56.200

35 Message-ID: NNTP-Posting-Host: 90.193.56.200

A quick reverse DNS lookup on 90.153.56.200 (via

90.193.56.200 resolves to "5ac138c8.bb.sky.com" Top Level Domain: "sky.com"

Ian

Reply to
Ian

The message from snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) contains these words:

Dammit, the rays are strong tonight!

Reply to
Guy King

yes you wuld to try and give your scam credability

Reply to
steve robinson