MK1 Megane / Sccenic towbar

Anyone know if I am right in thinking that the towbar for a Megane and Megane Scenic (96/98) are the same.

IIRC they shared the same chasis/running gear.

Reply to
Him & Her

It may well depend on who makes the tow bar.

Have a look on Witter's web site; if you enter make and model, a part number will be provided.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Cheers Chris but that doesn't work as they give every one a different part number to increase sales.

Looking at the exploded view in the fitting instructions the bars are identical - have checked other models (and makes) to be certain they aren't just using a generic image.

Reply to
Him & Her

"Him & Her" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I doubt it. Sales won't increase, whilst the cost of stocking will.

The bracketry may well be the same - I'd be surprised if it wasn't, given the floorpans are very likely to be the same, but there's a very good chance that the ball mount is longer on one, due to a different length overhang.

Reply to
Adrian

They probably give them different part numbers because they are different parts. They sell you a kit which has variations of a main bar/bracket and then packs of nuts, bolts and gubbins.

You're right, they don't just use a generic image. Looking at the exploded view in the fitting instructions shows that the brackets that hold the bar on are completely different.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ah, now that I've had a proper look (short of time before) I can see that C1 and C2 on the Megane are quite different from C1 and C2 on the Scenic.

(Note to self - pay more attention)

Reply to
Him & Her