Mk3 Fiesta Clocks...

Basically, I've got a Mk3 Fiesta Diesel. And I've also got a pair of ropey XR2is' that I'm about to break...

If I were to swap the clocks in the diesel over with a set from an XR2i, would the rev counter work when they are plumbed into the diesel, without any additional wiring, or would I need to start hacking the loom etc.?

My main objective in doing a swap, is merely to have a set of clocks that have a tripmeter, with a working rev counter being a secondary concern really.

I assume it's more than possible, because my old Orion 1.8D had a rev counter...

TIA

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

No. the tacho wouldnt work- with the diseaseal engine you're not going to have any coil packs to signal the tacho are you?

I would have assumed that you would swap the entire EFI engine bay loom for the diesel one when you swap the engines? Just remmeber you will either have to remove the high pressure fuel pump from the tank and join up the connections, which will work, but makes priming the system abit harder, OR leave it in place, but redo the wiring so runs with the ignition on which brings fire risks into the situation.

The tacho in the diesel Orion / Escort and indeed most others is run from the alternator, but needs the proper clock to work.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Many thanks.

I think I'll just live with it as it is, i.e: Sans Tripmeter.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH