Mondeo electric window problem

Mk1 Mondeo, o/s/f window goes down but not back up... Is this likely to be a faulty "one touch down" relay? (it clicks when "up" is pressed on the switch) Just a little confused because it's only a four pin relay, and they aren't usually changeover types.

Had a nightmare trying to work out the wiring becuase the diagram in the Book of Lies is wrong - but just close enough to look right... Anyway it's not the motor or mechanism, fortunately, because it happily goes up and down if power is applied direct to the motor and the switch is ok too.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

I believe it should work ok without the one touch relay plugged in, so your likely culprit is the switch.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In message , Lee writes

Are you sure its not the switch? These do play up. Although they are not designed to be dismantled, you can take them to bits without too much trouble and clean the contacts. This will fix the problem about 70% of the time.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I did dismantle the switch and checked it out with a meter too - it seems to do what it's meant to, but the 12v feed for the "up" position seems to be routed through the relay. Which is the part I couldn't follow, what with it being about 10pm last night and about to rain...

Think I'll just buy a switch and a relay and be done with it ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

LOL! Last time I attempted that, admittedly with an all singing all dancing, one shot up, one shot down etc etc switch, upon releasing the actual rocker part oh-so-carefully I was showered in springs, contacts, ball bearings and god knows what else!

There wasnt a cat in hells chance of re-assembling the bugger without several bits left over!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It was the relay in the end - reckon the heat must have cooked it ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee