98 Mondeo Electric Window Problem

The nearside front electric window on my 98 Mondeo has started to play up. It goes down OK if a little slowly but going up is a different matter. It
moves upwards very slowly and eventually stops. It is only by constsntly retrying and helping by pushing the window up manually that it actually gets to the top and it seems to be getting worse. The problem is the same whichever of the two control switches are used. Does anyone have any ideas as to what needs to be done to resolve this problem ??
TIA Mike

gets
You could try spraying the channels with silicone. Channels being loose can cause jamming as the window tries to climb out of the channel. Check the fore and aft play of the window. Maybe the lower channel fixings need resetting. In extreme cases the only cure might be to fit a new window channel insert. Mike.
snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com says...

Mine does exactly the same.
I personally put it down to a small piece of glass from the previous (broken) window being stuck somewhere - you can hear it scraping!
There's quite a bit of backwards/forwards rotation in the window, so moving it manually to free it up will normally make it work for a good while before it sticks again.
Having aircon & a sunroof (and normally carrying a passenger), it's not a great issue for me.
Pete.
--
NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you
Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail