Mondeo front seat removal

I have a 2000W Mondeo, needs a welding repair to runner of driver's seat. Is there a specific way or sequence to disconnect the battery
and electrics to these seats, as there are the seat belt tensioners, etc, to consider. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
4square wrote:

General rule of thumb to follow with in-car pyrotechnics:
Disconnect battery, have a cup of tea and a leisurely biscuit, think carefuly about what you're about to do, don't build up a static charge, take deep breath, close eyes, unplug explosives.
--
Douglas

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:14:21 +0100, Douglas Payne wrote:

I only drink coffee, and don't eat biscuits, so that's a bit tricky for me ;-)
The 5 minutes wait should only be needed if the seat(s) are fitted with side airbags; it's to allow the electrical charge (stored in a capacitor, to fire the air bag if the electrics fail at the moment of impact) to dissipate. AFAIK, seat belt pre-tensioners don't use a capacitor.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Chris Whelan wrote:

But some can be triggered by removing the seat, and are effectively scrap afterwards. One of my cars had a plastic peg that needed to be inserted into a hole in the mechanism to prevent it bering triggered.
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:39:34 +0100, Scion wrote:
[...]

Was that a Mondeo, which is what the OP is asking about?
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.