Mondeo TDCI 130 - reprogramming/chipping

Hi,

I've a Mondeo TDCI that's been reprogrammed by Ford in an attempt to get rid of stuttering at 1800-2000rpm, but to no avail.

Has anyone had one of these chipped or reprogrammed and managed to get rid of this problem?

I'm not that interested in loads more power, just a better drive.

Which upgrades would you recommend/avoid?

Thanks,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Evans

we get new software posted out to us about every 6 weeeks,im guessing the other dealers do too so....

how long ago was this reproggramming done? where there any fault codes? where the injectors reproggrammed too? mileage and serviced regulally?

Reply to
ford_technical_

I've reprogrammed a couple Mondeo's with that fault (it's a recognised fault, and there is a TSB that covers it), and it's cured them.

I wonder if they reprogrammed it to the latest version....

***
Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Hi Moray,

Reply to
Andy Evans

if it was done last year then there probably is a later leval calibration out for yours

as to how much this will cost depends on where you live. up here in the north we would charge about £50+vat this would include roadtesting and looking into fault codes,TSB's etc

Reply to
ford_technical_