Ford focus tdi gearbox

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a good recon gerbox for a Focus TDi ?

local place has given me a price of =A3440 fitted, seems fair?

Reply to
Staffbull

local place has given me a price of £440 fitted, seems fair?

depends where you are. whats up with it?

Reply to
brtchorley

See thread titled "Focus td gearbox - are they all the same box??"

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

depends where you are. whats up with it?

Hi M8,

Anglesey, and the synchro in third has gone west !!

Reply to
Staffbull

Talk to Llandegai Auto Spares.

I used them while I worked your way (Menai Bridge).

They're on the Llandegai industrial estate, just off the A55, near Bangor (take the Bangor turning, head towards Bangor and at the Llandegai *industrial estate* roundabout (not the Llandegia one, which is 400 yards towards the A55), turn left, and just keep to the road.

They're the first unit on the left (after the 1st 90 degree bend) after the BT yard.

IIRC, you should ask for Simon (the one who doesn't sound local!)

They always[0] did a cracking job.

Pete.

[0] except for the time where the bolts that held the water pump pulley fell off, leaving me sans aux belt (no cooling, steering, alternator or aircon) in Colwyn Bay, on the A55.
Reply to
Pete Smith

Cheers M8, I'll give em a try tomorrow, just picked up the car, its really not that bad! a slight crunch going into third, I might live with it for a while, if I'm going to fit a recon box it wont be a problem if this box dies!!! Just need to sort out a remote locker for it now as its only got a key.

Reply to
Staffbull