Mondeo Washer Tubing Freezing

Tried my Mondeo washers the other day after filling up the bottle but very little came out the jets ...I then realised it was probably same thing as what had happened a couple of years ago so looking at the front bumper confirmed this ...fluid spewing on to the road ...the tubing had popped off the pump . Not a clever design point having it placed where it is behind the bumper/headlight area .

Any Mondeo owners know ways of preventing this freezing .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Use more washer fluid:-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

You probably thought that was a smart answer :-) I bet you don't mean fill the bottle up to the top. Have you seen the weather outside ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I think he means make it more concentrated....

The stuff i use recommends 1:4 in winter with 1:3 in extreme conditions.....

Its a damnsite more than you might think.....

Your other option is to add some meths to it, but it has much the same effect and meths has gone monsterously expensive reacently.

Tom

Reply to
Kipling

It was a good answer. SImple enough use a more winter based screen wash which will not free up to certain temperatures.

Reply to
Stephen

Yup, actually it depends on how cold it is, neat isn't unreasonable if it's really cold, it depends on which fluid you buy.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I know .My reply was intended to be light hearted ..Mebbe you missed that .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I did realise.:-)

I'm already using 1:4 so looks like I need to try 1:3

What's a damn sight more ? lol

Yeah.I recall using Meths years ago ( for this purpose of course) but can't remember what effect it had ...have a funny feeling it messed the w/screen and also the smell in the car ..lol

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

He doesn't sound as thick as you! What do you think is in screenwash? Why do you think he was telling you to put more in the tank? If you just use water which will freeze then I can see your problem. My washer jets have not frozen yet and my car has been outside at -5c and not in it's heated garage.

Reply to
IanT

Obvious place to leave the car in such weather.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Oh FFS ..Read again what I said I knew exactly what was meant .Idiot !!

-5C ..Quite warm your way then ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Yeah. That Halfords pre-mixed winter screenwash seems to do the job.

Reply to
Conor

In message , IanT writes

Since you don't really need that apostrophe in the above sentence, can I borrow it?

I probably think that was a smart answer. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

I've experienced it myself and it wasn't anywhere near neat. YMMV.

Reply to
Arty Effem

You'd be wanting to have words with whichever cowboys sprayed your "laquer" then.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

When you put the tube back on dry it off and superglue it, mine used to come off every couple of months, I asked a garage what they did and superglue was the suggestion.

Mine hasn't come off for about 18 months.

JimWestern

Aah...That's a thought .I did see a suggestion to use small hose clips rather than just leave the tubes pushed on ...iirc I think the pump nozzles have a lip at the end ....hope they havent snapped off

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

JimWestern

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Kipling" saying something like:

Has it, indeed? Lucky I've got a barrel of it, from 2004.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote

That's a saucy vintage - ready for drinking in four or five years?

Reply to
Roger Hunt