Mondeo Washer Tubing Freezing

Tried my Mondeo washers the other day after filling up the bottle but very little came out the jets ...I then realised it was probably same
thing as what had happened a couple of years ago so looking at the front bumper confirmed this ...fluid spewing on to the road ...the tubing had popped off the pump . Not a clever design point having it placed where it is behind the bumper/headlight area .
Any Mondeo owners know ways of preventing this freezing .
On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:54:58 -0000, Usenet Nutter

Use more washer fluid:-)
On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:56:12 -0000, "Duncan Wood"

You probably thought that was a smart answer :-) I bet you don't mean fill the bottle up to the top. Have you seen the weather outside ?

I think he means make it more concentrated....
The stuff i use recommends 1:4 in winter with 1:3 in extreme conditions.....
Its a damnsite more than you might think.....
Your other option is to add some meths to it, but it has much the same effect and meths has gone monsterously expensive reacently.
Tom

Yup, actually it depends on how cold it is, neat isn't unreasonable if it's really cold, it depends on which fluid you buy.
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:41:47 -0000, "Kipling"

I did realise.:-)

I'm already using 1:4 so looks like I need to try 1:3

What's a damn sight more ? lol

Yeah.I recall using Meths years ago ( for this purpose of course) but can't remember what effect it had ...have a funny feeling it messed the w/screen and also the smell in the car ..lol
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Kipling"

Has it, indeed? Lucky I've got a barrel of it, from 2004.

That's a saucy vintage - ready for drinking in four or five years?
--
Roger Hunt

Roger Hunt wrote:

Ten year old meths is deemed to be vintage in some quarters, I believe! :)
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Roger Hunt

Was biodieseling with it, but stopped that a couple of years ago. 205L drum left over, unopened.

It was a good answer. SImple enough use a more winter based screen wash which will not free up to certain temperatures.

I know .My reply was intended to be light hearted ..Mebbe you missed that .

He doesn't sound as thick as you! What do you think is in screenwash? Why do you think he was telling you to put more in the tank? If you just use water which will freeze then I can see your problem. My washer jets have not frozen yet and my car has been outside at -5c and not in it's heated garage.

Obvious place to leave the car in such weather.

Oh FFS ..Read again what I said I knew exactly what was meant .Idiot !!
-5C ..Quite warm your way then ?

Since you don't really need that apostrophe in the above sentence, can I borrow it?
I probably think that was a smart answer. ;-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Yeah. That Halfords pre-mixed winter screenwash seems to do the job.
--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk

Aah...That's a thought .I did see a suggestion to use small hose clips rather than just leave the tubes pushed on ...iirc I think the pump nozzles have a lip at the end ....hope they havent snapped off
It's very common on Mondeos I think they should have used a longer length of pipe (a couple of inches would have done) and clipped it better.
---