MOT - brake shoes

Are brake shoes visually inspected for a MOT?

I know they need changing (really) and have bought a set but the car needs MOT'ing now, wondering if there is any point taking it in. The brakes operate normally.

Ta, Rick

Reply to
R D S

They don't take things apart so won't see the brake shoes. Pads yes, as they are visable. I'd take it in as it is and see how it goes, but of course change them ASAP afterwards if you know they are worn.

An "expert" will be along shortly to tell us more...

Reply to
Mark

Sorry, I'm only an "expert" in Googling:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Cheers, i'll bookmark that.

It passed anyway though I have it booked for the brakes to be done tomorrow.

Reply to
R D S