MOT cost?

Is there a fixed fee for MOT's - or can a garage charge what it likes?

Reply to
dave

They can charge up to the set maximum, currently £42.10 for Class IV. They can do them for free if they feel it makes business sense.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Nationwide Autocentres do it for £32.10 if you have a Tesco Clubcard. I've not had any problems with them having used two different branches. Our local paper often has adverts from local testing centres offering cut price tests too.

Reply to
Doctor D

just had a special notice in they are going up in price on august 1st £44 & a few pence.

Reply to
reg

The message from dave contains these words:

There's a maximum for each class.

Reply to
Guy King