MOT instruction sheet

Hi

Just wondering if anybody has a copy of the sheet the MOT guys use when moting cars.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

It looks something like this.

1.Is the customer wearing a lot of expensive shiny jewellery? If so fail vehicle and land customer with a big repair bill, he can afford it.

2.Is the customer's car a big swanky motor? If so fail it for the fun of it.

  1. Is the customers car dirty? If so fail it because if he can't be bothered to clean it, why should we be bothered to pass it.

  1. Talk to customer and find out what his line of business is, if it is something you can gain from, don't look to hard for faults.

5.If customer is female and showing lots of cleavage and legs, pass it, it beats looking a calendar girls all day.

  1. If you get a drop of oil on your head while under vehicle, fail it.

  2. If the vehicle is exceptionally clean inside and out, the customer probably loves his car and anything that has gone wrong, or going wrong has been fixed. Just look busy and pass it, but wipe greasy hands on steering wheel for the fun of it.

  1. If old bloke brings in an ancient old banger, find something wrong as it is tax exempt and he should have to pay something towards it.

  2. If customer arrives near closing time, have a quick tally up of your takings during the day and refer to the above.

  1. If customer is in a suit or well dressed, do the Mot properly, he may be an official inspector.

  2. Is the car a better one than yours? if so fail it.

  1. Remember, brakes, tyres, thickness of discs and shocks are a good fail point and can earn us lots of money.

  2. Remember the customer is crapping themselves.

Dave :-)

Reply to
Funkyman

I was thinking more of the MOT inspection test list

but the manuals good aswell Bill

Reply to
Bill

Nice one dave - been there.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Lol got me on number 7 last week.

16 year old Scirocco passed with two points noted, front dampers leaking (they were on replacement list as next job and middle box split on exhaust).

Left me an oily handprint on top on door frame. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Must have been a trainee then, didn't manage to get inside without making a mess ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Funkyman

In the UAE if it's not too late in the day they walk twice round the car then lift the bonnet to check the engine is clean and the VIN matches. Smart and shiney is what they look for.

My car failed because the roof needed painting. It also got pulled over by the police three times (once doing 150km/h in a 100km/h limit) because of a small dint in the back.

Don't knock the system here until you've seen what it could be.

DP

He had had a "proper" seatcover on when I went to pick it up coz he took it off beforehand.

The milage must have frightened him off...

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Indeed to experience a *Real* headache, try a MOT in Japan with a classic car/bike.

Reply to
Mark