mp3 player

Hi all, Quick one I think. I've got an MP3 player with an ISO connection to (hopefuly) be fitted to my corsa this w/e all being well. Anyone any idea if I need any connection adapters? I didnt think I did, but my mate with an Astra reckons he did for his (same model player), I was assuming that the connections in the cars would have been the same. However, from what I've googled, everyone reckons I dont need any adapters or alterations, except for the two power connecters that need swapping, which is pretty easy. Is that all that needs doing, is the aerial going to fit ok? Would rather know all the ins and outs before I attempt this!

Also, this adapter my friend bought from Halfords for his astra, did this just swap the power leads round, and was thus, a bit of a con?

Thanks! Barry

Reply to
Barry

Take a look here.

Kevin B

Depends on the age. Certainly in the early to mid 90s Vauxhall were using standard ISO connectors with the switch & constant 12v feeds swapped. From memory they even carried this over to when they started putting separate screens for the HU in the dash.

I'd make your way down to Holfrads and have a look at what they offer - standard ISO connectors are easy enough to identify.

Reply to
Scott M

Cheers, its a 99, so guess its just the power leads swapped over. It does have the additional display, but I guess this is going to resort to date/time + thermometer-of-lies on change of oem unit.

Its defo an iso connecter on the mp3 player. Shall see how I get on in the cold light of day tomorrow...

Reply to
Barry

I fitted an aftermarket pile of shito to my corsa, after i broke my std radio, i got a convertor for the ISO and a male-male arial adaptor from local radio fitters for less than a fiver....

Reply to
Tom Burton

aerial adapter?... Hmmm...

Reply to