Multiplexing reseting CPU/Memory

Anyone know how to reset the CPU/memory of my Peugeot 406 because the dash shows low brake fluid when the hand brake is applied (the hand brake is not hydraulic it operates via cable operating brake shoes integrated into the rear brake disks). The only thing on the hand brake that could logically use the multiplexing, is the warning lamp that indicates that the hand brake has operated. Before anyone asks I have checked the fluid levels and they are OK when I do a daily check and I have checked the sensors on the brake pads and they are hardly worn.

If multiplexing works like a My PC then the wiring is simplified and uses buzz bars (digital super highways) and is looking at peripherals, like a computer CPU does instead of keyboards, modems, dc players, It looks at engine, brakes, lights, and anything else in the system and therefor must have moduals for a particular funtion. Although this is good for as far as manufacuring goes it is no help in mantaining a car. I would go to a Peugeot dealer if I could trust them to understand multiplexing or the Alpa team worked on the car but knowing my luck it could be the delta team doing swap outs to find the fault.

MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

MikeS ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sure you're not just misunderstanding the warning lights?

Just disconnect the battery for 20 minutes to reset the fault codes.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from "MikeS" contains these words:

Don't they all do that?

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks, I not misunderstanding the warning lights because its words displaying on the display where the radio display/multifunctional display is on the dash. my 406 is about three years old so reatily modern. Skipweasl, I dont understand you answer "Don't they all do that?" are you refering to the hand brake or the display or the low fluid display. Regards MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

The message from "MikeS" contains these words:

Most cars test the brake warning light by making it light up every time you put the handbrake on.

Reply to
Guy King

Phone dealer and my 406 has radio integrated with car electronics, so I don't have to worry about radio code. I'm going to disconnect battery for half an hour and see if that cures the fault. MikeS

Reply to
MikeS