My car, too, passed the MOT BUT.......

(Well, it's actually a Transit van).

The examiner said that the discs were rusted and should be changed next time I change the pads (which are presently ok). There is rust on the edges of the discs, but not on the areas where the pads come in contact. I can understand the need for changing discs that are worn or scored, but not those rusted as are mine. Comments would be appreciated.

Reply to
DB.

Discs are cheap, your life isn't. The inside face of the discs may be more rusted than the outside. You have had some cheap advice that next time you change the pads to renew the discs also, sounds like reasonable advice. You can always double check when you are next servicing the van, can't you?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Also sprach "DB." :-

See what they say next year.

Reply to
Guy King

Discs rust on the edges and gradually the diameter becomes small enough for the pads not to have any metal under the outer part of them. Seen it several times.

Reply to
SteveB