New-style MOT certificate

Because I know the mind of the Civil Service, and I was pretty sure that if I couldn't see instructions as to where to put the sticker, I must be missing something - and if you check the other posts you'll see that I was indeed missing a form which should have been delivered to me. And I now know where to find the form.

Anyway, how do you know how long I've lived!

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

A fee is charged for DUPLICATE certificates, but NOT for REPLACEMENT certificates.

A duplicate is an exact copy to replace a lost or damaged original.

A replacement is issued when an alteration is required on a certificate. Either through a mistake made by the MOT tester, or if the vehicle presenter wishes to add time onto the certificate.

MOT queries/discussions Visit:

NT

Because the last time they stuck it on my windscreen it was bloody annoying and took forever to scrape off.

Reply to
Chris Street

I usually stick the new one exactly over the old so as to avoid problems removing it.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

mrcheerful . ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They're normally peeling off my windscreen by the time they expire.

Reply to
Adrian

Yeah...a functioning brain.

Reply to
Conor

Why so rude, Conor? Have you never needed to ask anybody anything?

MM

Reply to
MM

Conor is always right. Unless of course he's wrong when he'll dissapear for a few days and hope everyone's forgotten what a prick he is.

Unfortunately for him they haven't.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Not for the blindingly obvious or that which can be worked out by oneself with a little thought..

Reply to
Conor

No point in him asking if he isn't going to listen to the answer...

Reply to
PC Paul

I always use the blue sticker. I'd swear the Police pay less attention to the car if there is an MOT sticker on the screen.

Of course, on the Sera it's lost in the sea of Japanese equivalents that I just can't bring myself to remove...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK