Costco Oil

Does anyone use CostCo Oil?

It seems a good buy.

Reply to
Brian Reay.

I use it for my own and many customers' cars, no problems, but I stick to ford oil for fords.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

As it happens, we don't have any Fords, but I'm curious about your comment, esp. as the Halfords oil recommended for my wife's Kia is sold as being for Fords. (I think it is a semi-synthetic).

I normally put Halfords fully synthetic in my CRV and my MX5 and Halfords "Ford" oil in my wife's Picanto, all being those recommended by the Halfords website etc. However, the bulk Costco oil looks a good price.

In time (when it is out of warranty), I will be looking to change the oil myself in a Fiat Ducato Diesel 2.2 litre in out motorhome.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay.

What sort of price is it? - I need nW/30, nW/40, and nW/50 in 20 litre plus quantities. Mineral would do, diesel grades ideally for the heavier grades.

Reply to
Kevin

I don't recall exactly but, I did a quick calculation on my last visit, an it was a lot cheaper than Halfords own brand. The drums were, I think, 25 litre. I normally buy Halfords fully syth. 5-40, which is about £36 for 5l.

They do a wide range but I can't recall them all, at the time I'd already bought the Halfords oil (I tend to "stock up" when they have offers etc.) With our three cars, I change the oil & filters every 12 mths. (only one will done approaching 10k miles in that time, one about 6 and the other may be 4 but I'm a great believer in clean oil).

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay.

Providing it meets the specs required by the maker, then most any oil is fine. Costco oil is made by chevron and has all the relevant specs to suit most normal cars/light commercials. Fords latest spec oil is all synthetic and Fords seem to like it, since the days of Zetec lumps with valve problems caused just by using non ford oil, I have almost invariably used ford oil in fords, bought in bulk it is not very much dearer than any other. Ford 'e' oil was semi synth, they are now on 'F'

Reply to
Mrcheerful

the 5w-30 is acea a5/b5 api sl/cf, 20 litres and it costs 42 quid inc vat

Reply to
Mrcheerful