Nissan Micra heater problem

Hi,

My 2002 1.4l Micra has developed a fault with, I think, the heater grid. The windows are misting up with anti-freeze-smelling mist and there is a damp patch behind the passenger glove compartment area. I note the heater water pipes enter the car from the engine compartment around this point so either a connection is leaking or the heater unit itself has failed.

I do not have a service (Haynes) manual as, so far, I haven't had any problems so am not sure what is involved in getting to the heater unit.

Has anyone replaced one of these and can give any advice how to get to it, please?

Also, does the Haynes manual show how to gain access or give useful information to aid this, please?

Many thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter