VOLVO V40 Heater Matrix

HI all !!

I have the sorry task of replacing my heater matrix in my V40 TD CD.

Its an R-reg (98) with air con....

If anyone has ANY tips regarding getting that damned thing out then please let me know!!

I seem to be dismantling the WHOLE car around the matrix and still cant get to it !! - I have all the centre console and stereo area/ heater vents out of the dash.... I have got the bottom half of the dash disconnected from the car, but cant see how the top half is connected... (it seems to be pop-rivetted to the lower half !), but where is it fixed to the bulkhead ?

Apart from disconnecting the 2 pipes from the engine bay, is there anything else I should be doing on the outside - such as removing the window wipers and vent grills ? I'll soon be removing the tail lights to get to the bloody thing !

I can see the plastic housing of the matrix, and have removed a couple of clips which allows me to slightly part the case, and I think I have even had a glimpse of the illusive matrix core itself... but how on earth can I get it out !?

If anyone has replaced the heater matrix in a V40 with air con, I would be very grateful for any pointers... such as "look out for 2 large 14mm bolts near the pedals.... etc"....

Frustrated....

Jacko

Reply to
Jacko

Not an easy job you are doing, i have a manual for that, but sadly in swedish. I can mail it to you, it has some good pictures, and if needed I can translate some of the swedish for you. Just post your email.

Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard

Thanks for the response !

As I said - any tips will be very useful !! Swedish or otherwise !!

We like pictures !!

Cheers !

Steve

Email :- snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com