nissan micra problems please help

I have a 1999 micra and at the moment when i put on my brakes my side lights also come on, and when my full beam is on you can hardly see my brakes working. There has to be some sort of technical fault but i really cant work out what, just wondering if anyone has any ideas please?

Reply to
christinemoulds

possibly a faulty stop light bulb, i have in the past replaced bulbs where the filament crosses both connections, worth a look.

Reply to
reg

"christinemoulds" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Check you have the right bulbs in the rear light holders eg. is there a single contact bulb in a double contact socket, and are they are inserted the right way round. Sounds like one of the brake light bulbs is shorting on the lighting circuit.

Reply to
Tunku

This could be a bad earth connection. I mean that a rear combination stop/park light bulb holder assembly is not making electrical contact with the car body. In which case, putting on just the side lights should also make the brake light display ineffective.

It may have a specific wire to make this earth contact. If so, make sure it's sound and connected at both ends.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

I tend to see this with a lot of the 80s/90s Dagenham Dustbins, sorry, Fords. Usually when the indicators are used, just bad earths in those multi-connectors they use.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard