no cambelt on this escort ?

I was browsing ebay and came across this and it says it has no cambelt ? is this true ?

Petesmad

BTW thi is not my add.

I though most cars either have a cambelt or a chain system.

Reply to
Petesmad

its got the old ohv, so it will have a chain.

Reply to
reg

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Petesmad wittered on forthwith;

If it's got the 1.3 ohv engine in, yup, tis a cam chain, not a belt

Otherwise it's got a cambelt.

Reply to
Pete M

The engine used is of such an old design it pre-dates cambelts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why were you browsing tat like that?

I really hope you weren't considering buying.....

Reply to
SteveH

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f229pd$vbt$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Ok, cheer guys.

Reply to
Petesmad

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

At *THAT* B-i-N price... I can't imagine *ANYBODY* would consider buying...

Reply to
Adrian

No just looking for a cheapy car for my kid almost 17, its a cheap and cheerful first car for her. She is more interested in a Honda civic type R which she can have as soon as she can afford it :)

Anything less is social suicide aprantly for her.

Reply to
Petesmad

and still being used to this day in the ford Ka, with various bolted on goodies for todays modern emissions ect.

Reply to
reg

No it's not.

The Ka now has a 'Duratec' - the one that looks suspiciously like a warmed over CVH. *shudder*

Reply to
SteveH

Looks like a warmed over CVH but is based on the Kent - thank f*ck.

Reply to
Pete M

But it's OHC, so if it is Kent based, the only bit of Kent in it is the block.

Reply to
SteveH

The Lotus Twin Cam was based on the Kent as well, well, it was based on the earlier non-xflow Kent lump.

Besides, the Kent block is brilliantly bombproof.

Reply to
Pete M

A type R would be physical and financial suicide at that age. Thank god my daughter's desire (and actual possession) is a classic Mini!

Reply to
asahartz

Why not let her buy her own car?

Reply to
ThePunisher

I liked the optimism shown by indicating the car had an airbag as a safety feature - what's the chances of it deploying in a crash if the warning light is flashing?!! :-(

Reply to
Zathras

Probably the most unsafe car to crash in still on the roads.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Duuurrrr.

Steve, stick to things other people know little about, you've less chance of being caught out.

Reply to
DervMan

It was a long running promise, and now I'm at the time of doing it I wish I hadn't made it.

Reply to
Petesmad