number plate mystery

Buying a new Proton, selling it three months later for 60% of the price.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Exactly, and the DVLA couldn't have cared less. They said I should take it up with the Police if I felt that strongly about it - like they're gonna take Pc Bobby's radar gun away getting £1000s from criminals going a few mph over the limit....

I did inform the bidders, and the seller stopped the auction due to 'an error in the listing'. - Some bloody error that car is AT LEAST 5 years older that what is claimed.

This is the link:

If you know your stuff regarding MR2s it is SO obvious that it's an older car - but if you don't.......

Reply to
Johnny

A while back I saw a white Mk2 MR2 on a V plate. Looked like it could have been a special edition or something. A mate of mine was in the car with me and I said "that must be one of the last of that shape - I didn't think they made them that late" and he was just about to say the exact same thing.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

They did make them that late, mine is a V plate :) In fact you can even get a 2000 W plate - but that's just a 1999 model that's been sat in a field or showroom waiting to be registered - saying my V plate MR2 causes enough confusion as it is with Toyota as the mk3 roadster was launched later in 1999 on a V plate.

Reply to
Johnny

Were they about that early? Earliest ones I've seen were X reg ones.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan